- 100 g white radish, shredded
- 100 g carrot, shredded
- 100 g unripe mango, shredded
- 75 g pickled papaya, shredded
- 50 g spring onions, shredded
- 1 red chilli, shredded
- 6 pickled leeks, shredded
- 100 g pomelo wedges, peeled & separated the sacs
- 4 kaffir lime leaves, finely shredded
- 20 g young ginger, finely shredded
- 1 pair yao char kwai (cruller), sliced thinly and deep dried til crispy
- 100 g sweet potatoes, finely shredded
- 50 g toasted sesame seeds
- 70 g roasted peanut, pounded
- 300 g plum sauce
- 1 tbsp lime juide
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp sesame paste
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp salt to taste
- 10 g Chinese five spice powder (in red packet)
- deep fry shredded sweet potatoes in hot oil until crispy. Remove from oil & drain well.
- combine the sauce ingredients in a small saucepan. Bring to a to a low simmer. leave aside to cook completely.
- arrange the shredded ingredients attractively on a big round platter.
- to serve, pour the sauce over the yu sheng and sprinkle with five spices powder. Add a sprinkle of sesame seeds and roasted peanuts.
other subtitute ingredients
- seng kuang (chinese turnip)
- grapefruit (substitutes pomelo)
- pickled red ginger (recipe)
- chinese pear
- water chestnut