Malt syrup is derived from concentrated pre-fermented germinated/malted barley wort (i.e. liquid extracted from mashing process).
- Sprout grain, e.g. barley
- Mash separation
- Wort boiling
- Flavoured with hops
- Sterilized before storage
Sprouting sweetens grains because of the breakdown of carbohydrate into smaller sugar molecules (nourichedkitchen.com).
Use of malt syrup or extract in beer brewing (beerandbrewing.com).
Challenges facing F&B entrepreneurs.
- 28% biz replaced yearly
- Average biz lose 8% to operation cost
- Average biz needs 30 months to break even on initial investment
I wanted to prepare simple cheese cake and tried this recipe without gelatin.
- One 8 oz (~230 g) cream cheese
- 1/4 cup (~60 ml) granulated white sugar
- 1 cup (~240 ml) heavy whipping cream
- Biscuit (made into crumbs)
- 1 tbsp melted butter with sugar to taste
- Prepare the spring form pan. Overlay it with baking paper.
- For the base, mix biscuit crumbs with melted butter plus sugar in a bowl. Mix and overlay in the spring form pan.
- Next, whisk (or beat) the whipping cream until stiff. Blend in with thawed cream cheese. Mix well.
- Pour the mixture into the pan.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Ready to eat.