Yuzu Marmalade Chiffon cake (from POPClub magazine, issue 62, May/Jun 2018).
- 3 egg yolks
- 30g corn oil
- 1g fine salt
- 50g freshly squeezed orange juice
- 50g yuzu marmalade
- 80g low protein flour
- 3 egg whites
- Half tsp lemon juice
- 40g caster sugar
- Preheat oven 170oC.
- Egg yolk batter: beat egg yolks in mixing bowl with wire whisk; add oil, mix; add salt, orange juice, and yuzu marmalade, mix until well incorpororated.
- Meringue: beat egg whites, lemon juice with electric mixer until medium peak.
- Batter: fold 1/2 meringue into egg yolk batter with spatula. Cut and fold until well incorporated. Repeat twice.
- Pour batter to springform pan, tap on table to remove air bubbles
- Bake 45 min or until done.
I wanted to prepare simple cheese cake and tried this recipe without gelatin.
- One 8 oz (~230 g) cream cheese
- 1/4 cup (~60 ml) granulated white sugar
- 1 cup (~240 ml) heavy whipping cream
- Biscuit (made into crumbs)
- 1 tbsp melted butter with sugar to taste
- Prepare the spring form pan. Overlay it with baking paper.
- For the base, mix biscuit crumbs with melted butter plus sugar in a bowl. Mix and overlay in the spring form pan.
- Next, whisk (or beat) the whipping cream until stiff. Blend in with thawed cream cheese. Mix well.
- Pour the mixture into the pan.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Ready to eat.