Yuzu Marmalade Chiffon cake (from POPClub magazine, issue 62, May/Jun 2018).
- 3 egg yolks
- 30g corn oil
- 1g fine salt
- 50g freshly squeezed orange juice
- 50g yuzu marmalade
- 80g low protein flour
- 3 egg whites
- Half tsp lemon juice
- 40g caster sugar
- Preheat oven 170oC.
- Egg yolk batter: beat egg yolks in mixing bowl with wire whisk; add oil, mix; add salt, orange juice, and yuzu marmalade, mix until well incorpororated.
- Meringue: beat egg whites, lemon juice with electric mixer until medium peak.
- Batter: fold 1/2 meringue into egg yolk batter with spatula. Cut and fold until well incorporated. Repeat twice.
- Pour batter to springform pan, tap on table to remove air bubbles
- Bake 45 min or until done.